- Empowering Parents with the Brain Science and VROOM: “Vroom Can Help You Support the Families You Work With”
- Free UW and PSW Perinatal Mental Health Training
Empowering Parents with the Brain Science and VROOM: “Vroom Can Help You Support the Families You Work With”
Time and Date: April 28, 2020; 12:00 – 1:00pm
Free UW and PSW Perinatal Mental Health Training
The University of Washington is collaborating with Perinatal Support of Washington to offer a free perinatal mental health training to any provider who cares for pregnant and postpartum patients. There will also be a virtual option.
- When? June 10 & 11, 2020, 9:00am – 5:15pm (prescriber CME breakout session: June 10, 2020 from 12:00pm – 5:00pm)
- Where? Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Road SE, Lacey, WA. The prescriber CME breakout session (June 10 from 12-5) will be virtually available if needed.
- Who can attend? This training is open to anyone who cares for pregnant or postpartum patients (included but not limited to: nurses, physicians, community health workers, IBCLCs, counselors, public health employees, pharmacists, and other primary care and mental health providers). FLYER
- How do I register? https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4556471
Of note, we are seeing a worsening of anxiety (new anxiety and worsened preexisting mental health conditions) related to COVID-19 among many birthing parents. We invite you to reach out to our perinatal mental health consultation line (available weekdays 9:00-5:00pm at 877-725-4666) if you have any questions around your patient’s mental health in this difficult time. FLYER